From basic science to various anesthesia techniques to complications, the meticulously updated, fifth edition of Chestnut’s Obstetric Anesthesia: Principles and Practice, covers all you need to know about obstetric anesthesia. An editorial team of leading authorities presents the latest on anesthesia techniques for labor and delivery and medical disorders that occur during pregnancy. New chapters and rewritten versions of key chapters cover topics such as psychiatric disorders in the pregnant patient, neurologic disorders, and critical care of obstetric patients. It is an invaluable, comprehensive reference textbook for specialists in obstetric anesthesiology and obstetricians, as well as anesthesiology and obstetric residents. This book also serves as a clear, user-friendly guide for both anesthesiologists and obstetricians who are in clinical practice.
- Consult this title on your favorite e-reader , conduct rapid searches, and adjust font sizes for optimal readability.
- Get all the accuracy, expertise, and dependability you could ask for from the most important names in the fields of obstetric anesthesia and maternal-fetal medicine.
- Master the current best practices you need to know for treating the fetus and the mother as separate patients—each with distinct needs.
- Search and retain difficult concepts easily with the help of key point summaries in each chapter.
- Stay current on the latest advancements and developments with sweeping updates and new chapters on topics such as patient safety and team approach, transthoracic echocardiography and noninvasive measurement of cardiac output in obstetric patients, psychiatric disorders during pregnancy, neurologic injuries, and more.
- Prevent and plan for potential complications associated with the advancing age of pregnant women. An extensive, state-of-the art discussion of "critical care of obstetric patients" equips you to address any special considerations for this increasing segment.
- Know exactly how to proceed. An abundance of tables and boxes illustrate the step-by-step management of a full range of clinical scenarios.
- Choose the best drugs available while adhering to the most recent guidelines for obstetric anesthesia.