Employing a unique case-based approach, Ham's Primary Care Geriatrics continues to be your comprehensive source of clinical solutions for this challenging population. This gerontology medical reference book features an interdisciplinary perspective that empowers you with team-oriented knowledge on the best diagnosis, treatment, and management strategies available to address the complex needs of older adults.
"Overall this is a useful, well written, practical elderly medicine book, ideal for use in primary care. It is reasonable priced and an excellent addition to the bookshelf, virtual or real". Reviewed by: Dr Harry Brown, July 2014
- Effectively treat your geriatric patients, and provide helpful guidance to their families, through engaging geriatric case studies that illustrate the principles and key clinical information you need.
- Form a definitive diagnosis and create the best treatment plans possible using the evidence-based medicine guidelines throughout.
- Find the information you need quickly and efficiently with a 2-color layout and consistent format, and test your knowledge with USMLE-style questions in every chapter.
- Offer your geriatric patients the most up-to-date treatment options available with six new chapters addressing Principles of Primary Care of Older Adults, Interprofessional Team Care, Billing and Coding, Frailty, Pressure Ulcers, and Anemia.
- Access the complete geriatric text online anytime, anywhere at Expert Consult, along with an online Cognitive Status Assessment with four tests and patient teaching guides, a dermatology quiz, and informative videos on Gait and Balance and Dizziness.