Learn to recognize, understand, and resolve ethical problems in the workplace with Ethical Dimensions in the Health Professions, 6th Edition. Ideal for all practicing and aspiring healthcare professionals, this unique text gives readers a solid foundation in basic ethical theory, the terms and concepts of ethics, and the numerous ethical issues surrounding health care today. The new sixth edition centers on the six-step decision-making process and includes expanded patient case studies and an increased emphasis on working within inter-professional care teams toward the resolution of ethical problems. With all of its tools and guidance, Ethical Dimensions gives readers the framework needed to make ethical and effective choices in the workplace.
- UNIQUE! Process of ethical decision-making provides readers with an organizing framework to use in making the best decisions in the face of ethical problems.
- Reflection boxes highlight important concepts and stimulate critical thinking.
- Patient stories depict real-life situations and demonstrate the ethical decision-making process.
- Summary boxes offer a quick review of the important information in each section.
- Content on current laws and institutional policies make readers aware of their legal responsibilities as well as their ethical ones.
- Questions for thought and discussion encourage readers to apply the ethical decision-making process to different situations.
- NEW! Expanded patient stories include current innovations and issues in ethics.
- NEW! Additional content on interprofessional team decision-making reflects an important expanding movement in healthcare nationally and internationally.