In the new third edition of this popular multidisciplinary text, Elaine Atkins, Jill Kerr and Emily Goodlad continue to advance the field of orthopaedic medicine. Always inspired by the work of Dr James Cyriax, this edition, renamed A Practical Approach to Orthopaedic Medicine, updates techniques and incorporates recent research discoveries into the text. There are also self assessment tasks to test your understanding of orthopaedic medicine on EVOLVE, an online electronic learning solution site designed to work alongside textbooks to stimulate clinical reasoning and to enhance learning.
The introductory chapters deal with the principles of orthopaedic medicine, with the following chapters taking the clinician through the practice of orthopaedic medicine joint by joint.
This edition includes:
- Substantially revised chapters
- Extended evidence-based commentaries underpinning indications and contraindications to treatment of spinal lesions
- Expanded critique of the treatment of peripheral joints including recent advances in the approach to tendinopathy
- Clearly described and illustrated injection and manual techniques
- New page layout for easy navigation
- Foreword by Monica Kesson
A Practical Approach to Orthopaedic Medicine is a complete reference source that provides the most up-to-date principles and practice for students and postgraduate medical practitioners, physiotherapists and other allied health professionals, including podiatrists and osteopaths. It is essential reading.